Shefford band play with music heroes after following them round country
- Credit: Archant
A BAND who followed their musical heroes around on tour and busked outside the concert venues were invited up on stage.
American string band Old Crow Medicine Show have just finished touring the UK and Ireland.
And Shefford six-piece CC Smugglers weren’t far behind, travelling to every single venue their heroes appeared at and playing outside all of them.
They started off in Dublin and Belfast, before travelling to Glasgow, Manchester and finally London, in a bid to meet the folk/bluegrass group.
Double bass player and backing singer, 26 year-old Dan Edwards, said: “When we got to Manchester we got a call from the bass player of Old Crow Medicine Show asking us if we would like to go on stage with them and play a finale.”
You may also want to watch:
The band was then asked to come back and play at Shepherds Bush.
Dan added: “We still played before and after the show as the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Everyone was still buzzing from the gig so it turned into a big street party afterwards.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
“I have been listening to Old Crow Medicine Show since before I could play an instrument, our music is so influenced by them. When we went up on stage it was amazing. I couldn’t believe I was on stage with my heroes, they were really nice people.”