‘She deserves the best send-off Baldock can offer’ – Funeral for much-loved nursery school secretary next week
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of a much-loved Baldock nursery school secretary is to be held next Wednesday, with plans for a memorial bench at her workplace.
Elaine LaRoche, who worked at Weston Way Nursery School, died from an aggressive cancer on April 6, at the age of 62.
Her funeral will be at 2pm at St Mary’s Church, with a private family service at the crematorium afterwards.
The wake will be at the Orange Tree pub from about 4.30pm. There is no dress code, but mourners are asked to avoid black.
Elaine’s son G, who runs the Balstock charity music festival, said donations towards the bench could be made at the church, the pub or EH Crouch funeral directors. Money left over will go to a cancer charity.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “If you have any nice memories, short stories or anecdotes about Elaine, please jot them down on a small piece of paper – no larger than A5 – and you can deposit them at the church into mum’s bike basket, which will be taken to the pub after the service.
“These will go in a remembrance scrapbook for the family.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“Spread the word please – this loveliest of ladies deserves the best send-off Baldock can offer.”