Shane shapes up to open new look centre
POP idol Shane Lynch proved he had the stamina to meet the demands of his new stage career when he opened the refurbished Saxon Pool and Leisure Centre in Biggleswade on Friday. Currently appearing in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Gordon Craig Th
POP idol Shane Lynch proved he had the stamina to meet the demands of his new stage career when he opened the refurbished Saxon Pool and Leisure Centre in Biggleswade on Friday.
Currently appearing in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage, Shane, a former member of Irish boy band Boyzone, spent more than an hour at the centre which has just been refurbished at a cost of £1.5m.
The popular singer and actor showed he had the muscles to pump iron in the fitness suite and mingled with guests from Hitchmead School, Biggleswade, and Sandy Upper School.
Work began a year ago on the much-anticipated fitness extension at the leisure centre.
Helping Shane unveil the new facilities was Cllr Anthony Duggan, chairman of Mid Beds District Council.
The new facilities include a 93-station gym including a comprehensive range of cardiovascular and resistance equipment to provide the complete body workout catering for all needs and abilities.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 7 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 8 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 9 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 10 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
Adrian Lear, Mid Beds Council's leisure client manager, said: "These leisure facilities have been developed with the consultation of existing customers, Mid Beds residents, fitness and healthcare professionals to ensure that we meet the needs of the local community.
"We will endeavour to provide a valuable service in terms of health, wellbeing and fitness to make a healthy lifestyle for Mid Beds residents and workers.