Seven people arrested in connection with North Herts burglaries
POLICE have arrested seven people and recovered a haul of property that they suspect was stolen in a spate of burglaries of outbuildings and barns in rural North Herts.
50 Herts police officers were involved in carrying out the seven search warrants on December 1 at addresses in Dunstable and Slip End in Luton, which subsequently led to arrests of five men and two youths.
All have been police bailed until next week on suspicion of conspiracy to steal.
“This operation clearly demonstrates that Hertfordshire Constabulary is committed to tackling cross-border criminals committing theft and burglary and we will continue to proactively target this in North Herts,” said North Herts chief inspector Neil Ballard.
“North Herts does have specific Safer Neighbourhood Teams in our rural areas who are there to offer advice and support to people in rural communities.
“You can find out who your local officer is by ringing 0845 33 00 222 or by going to our website www.herts.police.uk and clicking on Safer Neighbourhoods.”
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 4 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 5 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again