Planning application submitted for Hitchin’s Westmill estate
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a proposed £20 million redevelopment in Hitchin have been submitted.
The scheme, which hopes to see 83 new homes and two commercial units built at John Barker Place, was boosted by a £20 million commitment from housing association Settle earlier this year.
The planning application follows a public exhibition on April 10 and discussion with residents at Westmill Lawns, Freemans Close and the owners of businesses based in neighbouring commercial units.
North Herts residents can provide their own feedback once the planning application goes live on North Herts District Council's website.
READ MORE: Proposed redevelopment of Hitchin's Westmill boosted by £20 million investmentAnita Khan, executive director of customer services at Settle, said: "We know that the redevelopment of John Barker Place has been long awaited by residents.
"We're pleased to be moving forward through the important step of submitting this planning application.
You may also want to watch:
"We encourage residents to submit their views so that we can continue to progress this investment in the Westmill estate as quickly as possible."
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine