Settle celebrates bumper fundraising year for North Herts Samaritans
- Credit: Archant
A housing assocation has raised more than £3,000 for North Herts Samaritans after a year of charity fundraising.
Settle, based in Letchworth, has spent the last 12 months supporting Samaritans - their charity partner for the year - by organising events including cake sales and quiz nights.
Volunteers from Settle were also on hand to offer extra support over two days in September - decorating rooms inside the Samaritans base in Hitchin, and creating a new garden area.
Settle chief executive Gavin Cansfield confirmed a total of £3,215 had been raised during the past year.
Gavin said: "At Settle, we're committed to doing all we can to help create thriving communities.
You may also want to watch:
"Our residents and colleagues live in many of the areas supported by the Samaritans, and it's great to see staff supporting important work in this way."
Samaritans said it was " a great job very well done by some fantastic people".
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright