Sergeant on crime crackdown after swapping Hitchin for Royston
- Credit: Ila Desai
A new sergeant has joined the Safer Neighbourhoods Team in Royston.
Guy Westwood has swapped roles with fellow sergeant Steve Oliphant, who has taken over Guy’s previous role as leader of Hitchin Rural and Urban Neighbourhood teams.
The 44-year-old said: “I enjoy working within safer neighbourhood teams as this type of work allows you to become really involved with the communities you serve. I’ll miss Hitchin, but will enjoy getting to know Royston and the people who live and work here.”
“I am hoping to get to know the area and people who live there as well as possible. I would welcome anyone who lives in rural parts of Royston to get in contact with me if they would like to discuss any concerns.”
He added: “Overall I am looking forward to building on the already very strong relationships we have in Royston to reduce crime further, bring those responsible for crime to justice and ensure the community plays an active role in helping police to keep Royston a safe place to live and work.”
You may also want to watch:
Guy started his career with Hertfordshire Constabulary in 2001 when he was 31 and for the next four years was based within Hitchin Intervention and Safer Neighbourhood teams.
In 2006 Guy was promoted to Sergeant and led an Intervention Team for two years.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
He moved back to Hitchin SNT for the next six years before moving to his new position in Royston this month.