SANDY Town Council remains concerned about the future of CCTV operations in the town. At the beginning of September the company that runs the five cameras, Farsight plc went into liquidation. The company immediately reformed under the name Farsight Securi
SANDY Town Council remains concerned about the future of CCTV operations in the town.
At the beginning of September the company that runs the five cameras, Farsight plc went into liquidation.
The company immediately reformed under the name Farsight Security Services Ltd of Peterborough and have continued monitoring cameras.
The council pays the company £25,000 a year for the CCTV system to be run by Farsight Security Systems but events of the past month are still worrying the council.
"There are real fears of what might happen in the future. This is the second takeover in a year of this company and we would like some assurances about whether they will be able to continue the service without any further hiccups.
"It is the long term fears of what happens if they withdraw the service altogether and we have to find another operator. Instead of paying £25,000 like we do now, that figure could rise."
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
A member of staff at Farsight Security System in Peterborough said CCTV operations in Sandy would run as normal.
"Nothing will be changing,"said the member of staff.