Second raid at store
A WOMAN was allegedly held at knife point during a late night robbery at a small supermarket. The robbery happened at the Spar store at the Saxon Centre, Biggleswade, on Wednesday night last week. This is the second time in two months the store has been r
A WOMAN was allegedly held at knife point during a late night robbery at a small supermarket.
The robbery happened at the Spar store at the Saxon Centre, Biggleswade, on Wednesday night last week.
This is the second time in two months the store has been robbed.
Police were told two members of staff were preparing to lock up the store at 8.50pm when two men walked in. One of the men went to the till where one member of staff was working while the other crept up behind the second worker.
You may also want to watch:
A press statement by Bedfordshire Police said that during the robbery one of the raiders prevented the alarm being set off by threatening the cashier while his accomplice produced a knife and made the other woman go into the staff offices and unlock the safe.
After snatching an estimated £1,000 the two men left the store. They also stole the CCTV tape.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
Police were told two men may have been hanging around outside the shop before the robbery as one of the workers recognised one of them from a group of young men who had been standing outside during the evening.
Officers were told both raiders were white and slim. One was about 6ft tall the other around 5ft 8ins and had scarves tied around their faces and were wearing hats.
Anyone who saw this group of men on Wednesday night outside the Spar Shop or after the robbery, should contact Bedford CID on 01234 275296 or 01234 271212.
Four people, three women and one man all from Biggleswade, were later arrested and have been bailed to return to Biggleswade police station on March 13.
The first robbery at the store was at the end of November when, say police, staff were also threatened by a knife-wielding raider during a breakfast-time raid.
Police say the man was carrying a 10-inch kitchen knife when he forced his way into the office area and attempted to make staff open the safe.
He eventually fled with £500 cash and a mobile phone.
Nobody has been arrested for the first raid.