Scott Laird relishing return to Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Defender hopes to put an end to Boro’s 100 per cent win record on Tuesday nights at the Lamex
Scott Laird says his Preston side will be looking to extend their superb away form when they take on Stevenage this evening (Tuesday).
The Lilywhites have won 11 and drawn five of their 18 away matches this season and have the most points of any team on the road in the top four divisions of English football.
Boro, though, have won all six of their Tuesday night league matches at the Lamex Stadium this season, setting up what promises to be an intriguing evening of football.
Speaking about returning to his former club, Laird told the Preston North End website: “I’ve been involved in a Stevenage side and they do work hard. On a Tuesday night at the Stevenage ground it’s a hard place to go, they’ve got a very good record but we’re good at breaking records at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll go there and put in a very good performance on the pitch. It’s [a] small [pitch], it’s something that might suit us a bit more the way we play away from home.
“We’ll go there and have to be on our game 100 per cent to come away with the right result.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus