Scooter rider killed in Stevenage
A driver was arrested after a motorcyclist died last night (Wednesday) following an accident in Six Hills Way, Stevenage. The incident happened outside St Nicholas School when the rider of a Vespa scooter, a man in his 40s, was in collision
A driver was arrested after a motorcyclist died last night (Wednesday) following an accident in Six Hills Way, Stevenage.
The incident happened outside St Nicholas School when the rider of a Vespa scooter, a man in his 40s, was in collision with a blue Citroen panel van.
Gary Sanderson, communications manager for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: "A fast response car, two ambulances and an ambulance officer were dispatched to the scene and arrived within four minutes.
"On arrival they found a male in a serious condition. He was treated and stabilised at the scene by paramedics and technicians before rapidly conveying him to an awaiting trauma team at Lister Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"Sadly the patient later died in the A&E department."
Police closed the road for three hours while they carried out their investigations.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
A police spokesman said the driver of the van, a man aged 27 and from Stevenage, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The man was bailed to return to the police station on February 22 pending further investigations.
The dead motorcyclist has been named as father of four, Shaun Henderson, 43, of Fallowfield, Stevenage, who worked at Costello's Cafe at Fairlands Valley Park.
Police say Mr Henderson had 4 children which included a 5 month, 21 month and a 16 year old son and a 12 year old daughter.