Schools out as strikes hit
Ten schools are shut today (Thursday) in Comet country as public sector strikes bite.
Industrial action by members of the National Union of Teachers and the Association of Teachers and Lecturers over pension reforms has forced the closure of the schools, while others are running a reduced service.
In Stevenage, Lodge Farm Primary, Woolenwick Junior, Moss Bury, St Nicholas, Heathcote and Barclay are shut. Other schools in the town, including Bedwell, Letchmore, Strathmore, Featherstone Wood and Almond Hill have closed classes.
Wilshere Dacre in Hitchin is closed with Hitchin Girls partially closed.
Letchworth GC is also affected with Highover, Pixmore and Wilbury shut. Fearnhill and Woolgrove are partly closed.
You may also want to watch:
Knights Templar in Baldock is shut to Year 9 and 10.
? Have you been affected by the strike action by teachers or other public sector workers?
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
Comment below or email email@example.com