School in search for old boys
A SCHOOL is celebrating threequarters of a century and is appealing for past pupils and teachers to join them in marking the special day. Kingshott School in Hitchin will be 75 years old this year and is planning a school reunion to include as many faces
A SCHOOL is celebrating threequarters of a century and is appealing for past pupils and teachers to join them in marking the special day.
Kingshott School in Hitchin will be 75 years old this year and is planning a school reunion to include as many faces from the past as possible.
They have successfully managed to get hold of a lot of people through the Friends Reunited website, but there are many more they still want to invite.
Head Paul Ilott said: "This is such an exciting time for Kingshott and allows us to reflect on the wonderful history of the school.
You may also want to watch:
"By combining the past with the future we can continue to be innovative without losing our traditional values."
So far, the school has received responses from pupils who left in 1964, right up until 1997.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
The furthest afield to date has been from Sydney, Australia.
Mr Ilott said: "It is fascinating discovering what people are doing and where they are living now."
Two popular faces confirmed to attend the reunion on May 20 this summer are David Pilgrim and Alan Rowan-Robinson.
Mr Pilgrim spent 34 years at the school teaching geography and Mr Rowan-Robinson was head between 1959 and 1980.
Any ex-pupil, teacher or staff of Kingshott School who would like to attend the reunion are asked to contact Mrs Ceri Collins on 01462 432009.