School in search for old boys
A SCHOOL is celebrating threequarters of a century and is appealing for past pupils and teachers to join them in marking the special day. Kingshott School in Hitchin will be 75 years old this year and is planning a school reunion to include as many faces
A SCHOOL is celebrating threequarters of a century and is appealing for past pupils and teachers to join them in marking the special day.
Kingshott School in Hitchin will be 75 years old this year and is planning a school reunion to include as many faces from the past as possible.
They have successfully managed to get hold of a lot of people through the Friends Reunited website, but there are many more they still want to invite.
Head Paul Ilott said: "This is such an exciting time for Kingshott and allows us to reflect on the wonderful history of the school.
"By combining the past with the future we can continue to be innovative without losing our traditional values."
So far, the school has received responses from pupils who left in 1964, right up until 1997.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 3 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 8 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
The furthest afield to date has been from Sydney, Australia.
Mr Ilott said: "It is fascinating discovering what people are doing and where they are living now."
Two popular faces confirmed to attend the reunion on May 20 this summer are David Pilgrim and Alan Rowan-Robinson.
Mr Pilgrim spent 34 years at the school teaching geography and Mr Rowan-Robinson was head between 1959 and 1980.
Any ex-pupil, teacher or staff of Kingshott School who would like to attend the reunion are asked to contact Mrs Ceri Collins on 01462 432009.