Sat nav system leads the way
SHARPSHOOTING cops are now aiming to get straight to their targets. Hertfordshire Constabulary s firearms officers have an even clearer sense of direction thanks to the provision of six sat nav devices by a company in Comet country. The Navman satellite n
SHARPSHOOTING cops are now aiming to get straight to their targets.
Hertfordshire Constabulary's firearms officers have an even clearer sense of direction thanks to the provision of six sat nav devices by a company in Comet country.
The Navman satellite navigation aids have been supplied by Letchworth GC-based IT solutions company Basilica and fitted to the force's armed response vehicles.
The devices are portable and fitted with the latest GPS receiver technology and real-time traffic updates.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Richard Liversidge, who leads the firearms team, said: "Firearms officers conduct day-to-day policing patrols as well as respond to firearms-related incidents and operations and, whilst they have a very good knowledge of the county, they need to be in a position to reach locations quickly with the minimum of difficulty.
"We're very grateful to Basilica for supplying the team with this equipment, which will be most beneficial to my officers."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Chris Leigh, marketing director from Basilica, said: "We at Basilica are delighted to support the constabulary's armed response teams with navigation systems for use in their vehicles.