Sarll: Schumacher is a model pro
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Darren Sarll called Steven Schumacher a ‘model pro’ after the midfielder’s second start of the season following his torn anterior cruciate ligament injury last November.
Schumacher started and scored in Tuesday’s win over Southend United in the Checkatrade Trophy a month after making his first start of the season against Brighton & Hove Albion’s U21s in the same competition.
Speaking about the 32-year-old’s performance and also his progress since his injury, Sarll said: “Steve’s been a model professional and has waited very patiently and trained very hard.
“He’s pushed himself every day and lived his life right.
“He’s got the obvious technical qualities...and it’s nice to have him back.
You may also want to watch:
“Steve needs games. He’s got good technical quality and a good personality.
“He’s inspiring and a good organiser and I take my hat off to him.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
“He’s done it the right way. He challenges me in terms of he wants to get going and that’s good. He’s put his best foot forward.”