Sarll: Schumacher is a model pro
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Darren Sarll called Steven Schumacher a ‘model pro’ after the midfielder’s second start of the season following his torn anterior cruciate ligament injury last November.
Schumacher started and scored in Tuesday’s win over Southend United in the Checkatrade Trophy a month after making his first start of the season against Brighton & Hove Albion’s U21s in the same competition.
Speaking about the 32-year-old’s performance and also his progress since his injury, Sarll said: “Steve’s been a model professional and has waited very patiently and trained very hard.
“He’s pushed himself every day and lived his life right.
“He’s got the obvious technical qualities...and it’s nice to have him back.
“Steve needs games. He’s got good technical quality and a good personality.
“He’s inspiring and a good organiser and I take my hat off to him.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
“He’s done it the right way. He challenges me in terms of he wants to get going and that’s good. He’s put his best foot forward.”