Sarll planning on yet more new faces at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s summer signing spree is not over with manager Darren Sarll still looking to add to his new-look squad.
Chris Whelpdale’s return brought the number of new faces at the Lamex Stadium up to nine.
But the Boro boss still wants to add a few more, with a bit more experience at the top of his list.
“We still feel we’re a little bit young and need some experienced players. But those experienced players do like to take their time [in deciding on a club] but we are always looking.
“We’ve been blown away by the power of the market in League Two and the money that has been spent elsewhere and we are always going to be victims of that.
You may also want to watch:
“But we haven’t stopped trying and we’re still very hopeful on bringing in two or three, two definitely of the experienced Chris Whelpdale nature, and maybe one more, young one to supplement us.
“But the balance of the team has been a lot better this week with the likes of Kennedy, King, Godden and Pett out on the training pitch.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'