Sarll anger at match officials as Stevenage slump to Forest Green Rovers loss
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Darren Sarll was once again furious with the officials as Stevenage slumped to a 3-1 loss at Forest Green Rovers.
They had taken the lead on 26 minutes thanks to a free-kick drilled in by Luke Wilkinson.
But then just four minutes later Alex Revell clashed with Isaiah Osbourne and was shown a straight red card.
Reuben Reid levelled in first-half stoppage time and Farrend Rawson and Christian Doidge wrapped up the win in the second period.
But the Boro boss thought the referee had got both the sending off and Rovers’ second goal wrong.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the BBC he said: “It’s an awful touch from Alex first of all so he puts himself under pressure but he gets to the ball first.
“The officials don’t seem to be able to get a grip of this.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“The second goal is a handball. He punches the ball. I don’t know how you can get it wrong.
“We can talk about the marking at the back post absolutely but it was handball.”