Sarll anger at match officials as Stevenage slump to Forest Green Rovers loss
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Darren Sarll was once again furious with the officials as Stevenage slumped to a 3-1 loss at Forest Green Rovers.
They had taken the lead on 26 minutes thanks to a free-kick drilled in by Luke Wilkinson.
But then just four minutes later Alex Revell clashed with Isaiah Osbourne and was shown a straight red card.
Reuben Reid levelled in first-half stoppage time and Farrend Rawson and Christian Doidge wrapped up the win in the second period.
But the Boro boss thought the referee had got both the sending off and Rovers’ second goal wrong.
Speaking to the BBC he said: “It’s an awful touch from Alex first of all so he puts himself under pressure but he gets to the ball first.
“The officials don’t seem to be able to get a grip of this.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
“The second goal is a handball. He punches the ball. I don’t know how you can get it wrong.
“We can talk about the marking at the back post absolutely but it was handball.”