Santa tucks in to charity cause
SANTA returned to Letchworth GC at the weekend when he joined volunteers from a community charity as part of their annual food parcel drive.
Each year Letchworth Garden City Round Table raise thousands of pounds for good causes and have been doing house to house collections in the lead up to Christmas.
The charity, which have been running for 75 years, aim to deliver well over 200 food parcels to those in most need across the town during the festive period.
Richard Bigden, chairman of Letchworth Round Table, said: “It is amazing to think, that even in these most difficult of times, the people of Letchworth can be so generous.
“We all know that people have got less money in their pockets and yet our collection in the town centre has seen even more donations than last year.”
You may also want to watch:
The ‘Tablers’ will continue their parcel drive until Monday, December 20, and will be back, with Santa, in the town centre on Saturday from 9:30am.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision