Sandy postal staff raise £1,000 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff from the Sandy postal delivery office have raised money for a cancer charity by running a 10k race.
Anne Field, Callum Furness, Martin Earnshaw, Alan Field, Darren Francis and Paul Julian ran the Silverstone 10k, raising £1,000 for Pancreatic Cancer UK.
Speaking about their achievement, Alan said: “Using social media and word of mouth the team were astonished by the response from their friends and the people of Sandy, raising £1,000 for Pancreatic Cancer UK.
“This is a cause close to our hearts as one our colleagues is currently undergoing treatment for the disease.”
Pancreatic cancer is the sixth most common cause of cancer deaths, with more than 9,000 people losing their lives from the disease each year. Sadly, less than one per cent of people with pancreatic cancer survive.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to donate to Pancreatic Cancer UK visit pancreaticcancer.org.uk/
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright