Sandy parties in the park at community get-together
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people came together in Sandy at the weekend for the community church’s Party in the Park event.
Motown and soul band ECHO entertained the crowds who gathered under the sun at Jenkins Pavilion, off Medusa Way, on Saturday.
There was also plenty of other activities to take part in, including a Jazzercise demonstration and a children’s drumming lesson from KingsStock.
A free barbecue was also supplied, with stalls on the scene ranging from clothing to face-painting.
Sandy Community Church’s senior pastor Michael Sijuwade was delighted with the event.
He said: “As a church we love our community and this is one of the ways that we show the love of Jesus Christ to our community.
“It was wonderful to see families having a great afternoon of fun together and we look forward to seeing more families next year.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 3 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 6 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 7 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 10 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
“A big thank you to Tesco and The Lodge RSPB reserve for their kind donations.”
To find out more about Sandy Community Church, see sandycommunity.church.