Sandy mayor’s awards – nominate your community stalwarts
- Credit: KEITH MAYHEW/People Press
The call has gone out for nominations for the Sandy town mayor’s annual awards.
The mayor has given the awards to people who have done the most for the community in Sandy and Beeston each year since 2002.
The categories are citizens’ award, young persons’ award and community group award.
A town council spokesman said: “A nominated person could simply be a good neighbour who helps others in their street with shopping, gardening or other tasks, or someone who has worked hard over the years for the benefit of the community or serving a group or club.”
The deadline to nominate people is April 30. Statements and evidence can be given. Nominees for the young persons’ award should be aged 18 or under on April 30.
You may also want to watch:
Nominations will be considered by a council committee, with awards presented at the annual town meeting on May 14.
To make a nomination, use the forms available from the town council offices or at sandytowncouncil.gov.uk.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?