Sandy man Adam waxes lyrical about Beauty Within as he raises money for Children In Need in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A Sandy man bravely had his chest waxed in Stevenage to raise money for tonight’s BBC Children in Need appeal.
Sales executive Adam Pattison, 29 – who works in Primett Road in the town – decided to have the hairs on his chest taken off for charity.
So cricket fan Adam, who plays for Barley Cricket Club, roped in the Beauty Within salon in the old town to get the job done – and the generous souls readily agreed.
Adam told the Comet: “I thought it was going to hurt a lot more than it did! It’s a bit pink but it’s fine. The worst bit was the middle section.
“I don’t mind having it done again – I said I’d have the rest of my chest waxed next week if I get a few more pledges.
You may also want to watch:
“A big thank you to everyone who has sponsored me, and to all the staff at Beauty Within.”
Manager Susan Dower added: “He’s an absolutely lovely guy. I thought he coped with it very well.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“Some men have come in to have the same treatment done and they’ve literally been shaking.
“Adam has done very well – and it’s for a great cause too.”
For more information on the treatments Beauty Within offers visit their website www.beautywithinstevenage.co.uk or call 01438 747432.