Sandy business signs up to sponsor Sue Ryder hospice’s festival in Moggerhanger
- Credit: Archant
A hospice which needs to raise £3,800 each day just to stay open has been boosted by a Sandy business agreeing to sponsor its annual music festival for the first time.
Sue Ryder St John’s Hospice Charity is bringing back Busk Till Dusk, with support from estate agents Inskip and Davey in Sandy, who are sponsoring the main stage.
St John’s have added a carnival twist to the festival, which takes place between 3pm and 10pm at the hospice grounds in Moggerhanger on Saturday, August 13.
The 15-bed hospice opened in May 1980 and has been providing the community with palliative care and support ever since.
St John’s cares for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions such as cancer, heart failure and lung disease.
Tony Darnell, who is the communications and marketing officer for the event, said: “We’re really excited that Inskip and Davey are sponsoring the main music stage this year.
“The sponsorship deal means we can put more money back into the hospice, and with every penny going back to patient care, this is a really important act of kindness.”
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
Daniel Davie, who is a partner at the estate agents, said: “We are really pleased to be supporting out local hospice, and the music festival, which we know it a great family day out.
“We urge the public to get behind their local hospice and come and support this amazing festival.”
Adult tickets can be bought in advance for £8 or on the gate for £10.
Tickets for children aged between five and 16 may be bought for £4 or £5 on the gate. There are also discount family tickets available.
For more information on the event visit www.busktilldusk.com.