Sandy burglars threatens man with screwdriver before stealing car keys
- Credit: Archant
A man was threatened with a screwdriver during a house burglary in Sandy on Tuesday – with police today launching an appeal for witnesses.
A man knocked at the door of a house in Dapifer Drive at around 8.35pm.
When the homeowner answered, three men threatened him with a screwdriver and stole a set of car keys before fleeing the scene.
Dt Con Julia Hinson said: “This was a nasty incident and I’m appealing for anyone who saw someone in the area acting suspiciously to get in touch.
“We take burglary very seriously here at Bedfordshire Police and are following a number of lines of enquiry to find the man responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Investigation Officer Julia Hinson, investigating, said: “This was a nasty incident and I’m appealing for anyone who saw a group of men in the area acting suspiciously to get in touch. We take burglary very seriously here at Bedfordshire Police and are following a number of lines of enquiry to find the men responsible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference JD/3567/2018. Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision