Sandon pilot in Shoreham air crash was a regular flyer in IWM Duxford Airshows
- Credit: Archant
The pilot involved in an airshow crash that may have killed up to 20 people in Sussex was a regular flyer at Duxford Imperial War Museum.
Andy Hill from Sandon is currently in a critical condition in hospital after the Hawker Hunter jet he was flying in crashed into traffic on the A27 on Saturday.
A spokeswoman from Imperial War Museum Duxford said: “Our thoughts and condolences go out to those involved in the tragic accident at Shoreham at the weekend.
“We can confirm that the pilot has previously flown at IWM Duxford airshows and is well-known and liked amongst the flying community here.
“The Hawker Hunter T7 was scheduled to fly at The Battle of Britain Air Show at Duxford next month.
You may also want to watch:
“However, in light of the accident and ongoing investigation, the programme will be revised.”
IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show on September 19 and 20 will still go ahead.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed