Sampson hails ‘class’ Stevenage fans as they roar Boro over the line in vital Morecambe win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Stevenage caretaker boss Mark Sampson was quick to praise the club’s supporters after they helped Boro to victory in their must-win game against Morecambe at the bottom of League Two on Saturday.
Both sides were in desperate need of victory as they battle against the drop, and it was the home team who got it, with Scott Cuthbert heading the winner on 81 minutes to secure a 1-0 win.
Stevenage were roared on by the crowd at the Lamex, and it didn't go unnoticed by Sampson, who told CometSport: "They are class.
"The supporters are a really great bunch.
"I could only imagine how tough it is being a Stevenage fan this season, but I just want to thank them really because it does make such a difference to everyone, the players, the staff, it's huge.
You may also want to watch:
"You can't underestimate the importance of the supporters getting behind the team.
"In a game like today we absolutely needed them and that result was for them."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
Sampson hopes that level of support continues, adding: "They've been top, top, top, top class since I've come in and long may that continue because we are going to need their support right through to game 46."