Sales rep Alex is aiming to beatz his festival target with Hitchin Garage night ahead of July’s HertsFest
- Credit: Archant
A telesales rep who is organising a three-day music festival in Letchworth which could draw a crowd of up to 12,000 people is gearing up for the July event by DJing in Hitchin on Friday night.
Alex Brown has been busy organising HertsFest in aid of registered charity The Children’s Air Ambulance.
The family music and entertainment festival – to be held at Baldock Recreation Ground between Friday, July 1, and Sunday, July 3 – features more than 30 music and dance acts, with around 4,000 party goers expected each day.
Alex – known by his DJ name of Lexbeatz – said: “They’re the only dedicated paediatric helicopter transfer service in the country. They receive no government funding and rely on public donations – so we thought it was the ideal charity for HertsFest to fundraise for.
“In order to build myself up for HertsFest I’m running a secondary event called Urban Garage tomorrow evening at Aura in Sun Street, Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
“It features a very special guest Lee Marshall, aka Disco Boy, with the event running from 10pm to 2am.”
Former Hitchin Boys’ School pupil Alex – who dreams of becoming an events manager one day – currently works in the advertising department at the Comet’s Stevenage offices for parent publishing company Archant.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
The 21-year-old has been preparing for HertsFest with co-organiser Dale Mabert – with the pair busy arranging sponsorship and marketing, booking acts, designing posters, printing and selling tickets and arranging accreditation and passes for performers and the media.
Alex is also set to take part in a BBC Three Counties radio interview with Nick Coffer at 2.30pm on Friday, June 17, alongside James Bay’s brother Alex Francis.
Co-organiser Alex, who lives in Benslow Lane, Hitchin, added: “There’s loads of fun to be had at HertsFest – we’ve catered for everyone including families and music lovers alike. We’ve organised two large festival stages, a full funfair and amusement park, a licensed bar and much more.
“My friends and family are really proud of what I’m doing.”
For tickets visit www.hertsfest.co.uk.