Saddle-sore Stevenage cyclists are already limbering up for their next Amsterdam challenge
- Credit: Archant
A hardy band of long-distance charity champs who are still sporting blisters after cycling from Stevenage to Holland are already busy planning next year’s trip and urging anyone interested to get in touch.
Neil Trebble, Andy Medlock, Keith Stewart, Steve Watkins and Stephen Hibberd cycled from The Lamex Stadium to Amsterdam earlier this month.
The three-day trip raised more than £6,500 for Prostate Cancer UK.
Steve organised the trip and said: “It was quite tough but it got easier over time and we managed to raise a fantastic amount of money.”
Registration opens for next year’s event this month and Steve is urging anyone interested to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “You don’t have to be a professional, just willing to put the miles in beforehand.”
For more email email@example.com.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
If you’d like to donate, visit www.justgiving.com/Steve-Watkins4.