Rupert Grint runs in Olympic Torch Relay
HARRY Potter star Rupert Grint, who lives in Kimpton, added a touch of magic to the Olympic Torch Relay today (Wednesday), carrying the Flame near Middlesex University.
The 23-year-old, who plays Ron Weasley in the hit film series, first posed for photographs with London Mayor Boris Johnson.
He then thrilled cheering fans when he carried the Flame out of the lunch shop at the university this afternoon.
His supporters immediately tweeted their support of the star, saying he looked amazing and labelling him “a winner”.
Rupert was successfully nominated to carry the Flame after inspiring others through his extensive work with children’s charities across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Rupert is actively involved with charities Starlight and the Make-A-Wish Foundation which grant once-in-a-lifetime and magical wishes to seriously and terminally ill children.
He also spends much of his free time working with the Teenage Cancer Trust and Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
He is one of 153 Torchbearers carrying the Flame today, Day 68 of the Olympic Torch Relay, which includes visits to Wembley Stadium and Alexandra Palace on its journey from Harrow to Haringey.
Rupert was not the only famous face, however, as chart-topping singer Eliza Doolittle is also a Torchbearer today.