Rupert Grint runs in Olympic Torch Relay
HARRY Potter star Rupert Grint, who lives in Kimpton, added a touch of magic to the Olympic Torch Relay today (Wednesday), carrying the Flame near Middlesex University.
The 23-year-old, who plays Ron Weasley in the hit film series, first posed for photographs with London Mayor Boris Johnson.
He then thrilled cheering fans when he carried the Flame out of the lunch shop at the university this afternoon.
His supporters immediately tweeted their support of the star, saying he looked amazing and labelling him “a winner”.
Rupert was successfully nominated to carry the Flame after inspiring others through his extensive work with children’s charities across the UK.
Rupert is actively involved with charities Starlight and the Make-A-Wish Foundation which grant once-in-a-lifetime and magical wishes to seriously and terminally ill children.
He also spends much of his free time working with the Teenage Cancer Trust and Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
He is one of 153 Torchbearers carrying the Flame today, Day 68 of the Olympic Torch Relay, which includes visits to Wembley Stadium and Alexandra Palace on its journey from Harrow to Haringey.
Rupert was not the only famous face, however, as chart-topping singer Eliza Doolittle is also a Torchbearer today.