Run to make life miles better
THERE S a chance to take part in an historical happening next month. Sainsbury s Sport Relief Mile events will be held up and down the country on Saturday, July 15, and will be featured on a BBC TV special that evening. Since its launch in 2002, over £31m
THERE'S a chance to take part in an historical happening next month.
Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile events will be held up and down the country on Saturday, July 15, and will be featured on a BBC TV special that evening.
Since its launch in 2002, over £31m has been raised, with over 80,000 people taking part nationwide last time in 2004.
This year's event promises to be even bigger and better, and it is hoped it will become the biggest mass participation mile in history.
All money raised goes directly to Sport Relief and will help vulnerable people leading tough lives in the UK and in the poorest countries in the world.
For every pound Sport Relief gets, half will stay in the UK and the rest will go to work internationally.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
Stevenage Sports Council (Sport Stevenage), Sainsbury's supermarkets and Fairlands Valley Spartans running club will be hosting the local Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile at the Ridlins Athletic Stadium, Woodcock Road, off Gresley Way, Stevenage, from 9.30am to noon, and everyone is welcome to join in.
It's a fun family run/walk mile around the athletics track, including time trials every 15 minutes from 10 to 11.15am, and finishing with a mass mile for all ages and abilities at 11.30am.
Organisers are urging people to sign up now, get their own first red sock to wear on the day, complete the mile and gain the second sock for the other foot, and make things miles better for others that need it most.
Entry is £5 for adults, £2 for children, and can be obtained by logging on at www.sportrelief.com
Alternatively, ring 0845 605 58000 for an entry kit.
For further information visit a Sainsbury's supermarket, email email@example.com or ring 07764 237659.