Rudolph the reindeer stolen from Stevenage Christmas lights display
A FAMILY has been dealt a blow to their Christmas lights display after a thief stole an illuminated reindeer.
Doug Wilson had put up festive decorations at his home in Gloucester Close, Stevenage, but a new addition for this year – a lit up Rudolph the reindeer – has been taken.
Mr Wilson, who lives with his wife Heidi and three young children aged five, eight and nine, bought the lighting ornament for about �50 and noticed it had gone last Thursday.
“We have put some lights up along with other people in the close and each year we add something new,” he said.
“Someone has clearly taken a fancy to Rudolph, pulled it out the ground and left live wiring there, which luckily the children haven’t picked up.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s really disappointing and the kids were upset when we realised. They’ve asked if we can buy another one but someone might come back and take that too.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style