Royston Town Band hoping to be making music in their new band room by the summer
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is building with Royston Town Band hoping to be making music in their new band room in the summer.
Almost two years after the band had their last blast in the band room behind Manor House that was their home for 50 years, building work started on a rehearsal building at the end of a Tannery Drift School field.
Thanks to help from the Brian Leslie Racher Charitable Trust, Herts County Council and Tannery Drift School, the dream looks set to become a reality.
Chairman Charmian Flowerday said: “Progress has been pretty swift and if all goes to plan, we hope to be cracking open the bubbly at our opening event in July.
“Seeing the new building take shape has been really exciting, and we can’t wait to get in and start using the place for our main band rehearsals and for our new development band.”
You may also want to watch:
See www.roystontownband.org.uk for details of how to become a benefactor.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket