Letchworth driver fined nearly £2,000 after Royston crash
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A Letchworth motorist must pay a total of £1,660 for driving without due care and attention and causing damage to another vehicle in Royston.
Sunny Nath, of Swanstand, was found guilty on Tuesday of failing to stop after an accident, failing to report the incident and for driving without due care and attention.
Stevenage Magistrates' Court heard how, on October 19 last year, Nath drove his Vauxhall Combo in Melbourn Street, Royston, and was involved in an accident with a BMW - causing it to be damaged - and failed to stop.
He was also charged with failing to report the accident and driving without due care and attention.
Nath pulled out from a stationary position at the side of the road and collided with the BMW, which was driving along, causing damage to the door and wing mirror.
You may also want to watch:
The 23-year-old must pay a £900 fine, £100 in compensation, £40 towards victim services and £620 in court costs.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed