Hospice's Royal Parks runners to go the extra mile for Isabel
- Credit: Isabel Hospice
Five colleagues are going the extra mile for the charity they work for by signing up for this autumn’s Royal Parks Half Marathon.
Their efforts will help to fund the life-changing care they help deliver through their roles at Isabel Hospice.
Physiotherapist Emma Imam, paramedic Andrew Shaw, clinical paramedic specialist Alex Palmer, senior staff nurse Rachel Wisby, and staff nurse Espe Munoz Martinez will be among the hundreds of participants taking part in this year’s event on Sunday, October 9.
The 13.1-mile route on closed roads will take them through four of London’s eight historic royal parks – Hyde Park, Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens – and passed some of the capital’s most iconic landmarks, including Buckingham Palace, Horse Guards Parade and The Royal Albert Hall.
Each year, the Hospice supports hundreds of patients living with a long-term, progressive illness, and their loved ones to ensure no-one with a life-limiting condition has to face their diagnosis alone.
Clinical paramedic specialist Alex Palmer, 35, from Stevenage, works within the Community Team, providing specialist palliative support to patients with cancer and other life-limiting conditions.
He said: “I feel extremely proud to work for Isabel Hospice, it is an incredible organisation that is filled with hard-working, caring people.
- 1 Molly-Mae Hague announces pregnancy in adorable Instagram video
- 2 Two arrests made in connection with Stevenage brawl
- 3 Possible changes to bin collections in North Herts
- 4 Player ratings: Stevenage's players assessed in the win over Harrogate
- 5 Man reportedly 'exposed himself' in front of 14-year-old girl on Thameslink train
- 6 'Terrible' oil spill in Hitchin river causes multiple bird deaths
- 7 Strike to hit Thameslink on bumper day for Premier League football
- 8 Stevenage stabbings: Three men suffer life-changing injuries
- 9 Bid to turn Stevenage Deamer's store into betting shop
- 10 Plans for more flats in Stevenage Old Town
“We are determined to do well and have put ourselves through many tough early morning training runs in preparation for the big day.”
Physiotherapist Emma Imam, 44, from St Albans, has worked at Isabel Hospice for six years.
She said: “I’m taking part in the Royal Parks Half Marathon as a challenge to raise as much money as I can for the wonderful charity that I work for, to support all the patients we care for.
“I love working as a physiotherapist here. I work both on the In-Patient Unit and as part of the Living Well with Isabel team, caring and supporting patients and their carers holistically when living with serious, long-term and life-limiting conditions.
“I’m very passionate about the work that Isabel Hospice does and for rehabilitation and wellbeing in palliative care.”
You can sponsor the Team Isabel runners by donating to their fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/team/teamisabel.