MEMBERS past and present of The Rotary Club Biggleswade have celebrated the club s 40th anniversary. A dinner was held at John O Gaunt Golf Club, Sandy, with Richard Banks marking his term of office as Sheriff of Bedfordshire, one of the main guests. Also
MEMBERS past and present of The Rotary Club Biggleswade have celebrated the club's 40th anniversary.
A dinner was held at John O'Gaunt Golf Club, Sandy, with Richard Banks marking his term of office as Sheriff of Bedfordshire, one of the main guests.
Also among the 87 guests was Tony Duggan, chairman of Mid Beds District Council, and Biggleswade mayor Wendy Smith.
Current president of the club Maurice Jones reminded guests of some of the club's landmarks over the years like founding the Abbeyfield home for the elderly, the Biggleswade Talking Newspaper and the Probus Club for local businessmen.
You may also want to watch:
Three original members attended the event, farmer Cyril Smith, Biggleswade businessman Phil Denny and accountant John Lowe.
"The club has been involved in many landmark events over the years and we will continue to work hard for local charities and others overseas," said Mr Jones.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal