Rookies enjoy day out at Stevenage FC and meeting with Boro Bear
- Credit: Archant
A large contingent from Rookies Day Nursery enjoyed a free day out at Stevenage Football Club on Saturday and they saw a 3-0 win for their team to boot.
More than 100 parents, children and members of staff of the 14 month old nursery were given complimentary tickets for the family stand and posed for photos with Boro Bear.
Nursery Manager, Mandy Caslake said: “We have strong links to the football club so it was brilliant for all of us in the Rookies family to go and see the team in action.
“It is such a friendly, family club that all the kids and parents felt welcome and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the team play so well and win in such style.”
There were plenty of first time match goers as part of the crowd and one parent couldn’t believe how much her little one loved it.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “My husband and his dad took Abigail on Saturday and she absolutely loved it! She stayed right until the end which I am so surprised by. It was a lovely family experience.”
Rookies Day Nursery is an educational nursery based at Shephalbury Academy, focused around providing children aged nine months to five years old an active start in life.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain