Rolling out the barrels as Stevenage’s first ever CAMRA beer festival draws near
- Credit: Archant
Beer lovers will be delighted to hear the barrels are already being stacked for Stevenage’s first ever Camra North Herts Stevenage Winter Beer & Cider Festival.
From next Thursday, February 4, through to Saturday, February 6, more than 76 ales, ciders, craft and international beers will be available to sup at Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre.
The beers have all been carefully selected by Camra North Herts which is bringing the festival to Stevenage after many years of running successful events in Hitchin and Letchworth.
Festival organiser Jonathan Kirby said: “It’s an appreciation of fine beer and fine ale.
“Stevenage hasn’t got the beer heritage of Baldock or Hitchin but it’s got a lot of people, so the aim is to bring some real beer to the people of Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan said the aim is to drink the leisure centre in Lytton Way dry by the end of the event by selling the last beet at last orders on the Saturday. The team of Camra volunteers who are running the festival hope it will become an annual Stevenage tradition.
The festival runs from 5pm on Thursday, February 4 and closes at 11pm. On the Friday and Saturday it opens at noon and runs until 11pm.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Entry is £3 on the door.