Rolling back the years at Stevenage Christmas show for elderly
More than 400 pensioners were given an early Christmas present by a group of entertainers dedicated to rolling back the years.
Over four days last week senior citizens from retirement and care homes across Comet country were treated to a free Christmas dinner party at The Postels Club in Stevenage High Street.
The event was put on by K Entertainers – a group of volunteer pensioners, who entertained the guests with song, dance and comedy, as well as hosting a raffle with gifts given by local businesses.
Charity organiser, Sheila Barden, said the show was a chance to give something back to the elderly in the community.
“Some of these people can’t get out – they spend their Christmas in their homes. We sing and bring back memories, giving back what they used to have.”
You may also want to watch:
The K Entertainers formed 22 years ago and put on events throughout the year at care homes in the area. Call Dave Kaye on 07515 360160 for details.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair