ABBA bingo and a mariachi band: Roebuck residents enjoy one-destination cruise
- Credit: Roebuck Nursing Home
Residents at Roebuck Nursing Home enjoyed a week on a make-shift cruise set up by staff to help lift their spirits.
Operations lead at the home, Ria Bradford said: "COVID-19 it has been really difficult for everyone and we wanted to give our residents a journey to remember, as it has been a really tough time for them."
The cruise set sail on Monday. The first stop was Sweden, where residents had ABBA bingo and a Swedish menu.
On Tuesday, they arrived in Africa with a virtual safari and a culture quiz, before setting off again and arriving in Brazil just in time for the carnival with chair Zumba and cocktails.
The next day was Mexico, with Sombreros’ and listening to a Mariachi band. The final destination was Las Vegas, where residents enjoyed a live performance from Tina Turner herself, with casino and drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Resident Terry said: “I am so glad to be alive, at a time like this. This has been amazing!”
Ria added: "Special thanks to Carly Pinder and Natalie Robinson for getting the cruise going! We are so proud of all of our team for their creativity and bringing the party always."
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 7 Save the date! Popular Eat Alfresco dining experience will return
- 8 New woodland 'vital for wildlife and people' in Letchworth
- 9 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 10 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees