Robotic surgery team’s step up is a feather in the cap for Stevenage’s Lister Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The robotic surgery team based at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital are celebrating a global accolade.
The state-of-the-art robotics urology service at the Coreys Mill Lane health campus has joined the US-based Vattikuti global network of top international players in the field.
Names linked with the Vattikuti Foundation are recognised for their leadership, frontline research in robotic surgery and consistent improvement in the quality of services provided to patients.
There are Vattikuti network institutions in the United States, Europe and India.
Consultant urological surgeon Nikhil Vasdev, who is also the East and North Herts NHS Trust’s network lead for the Vattikuti collaboration project, said: “Joining the Vattikuti Foundation places the Lister well and truly on the international map. We are only the third centre in Europe to join.”
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to providing support for an international training curriculum and innovating new surgical procedures in collaboration with other partners.
“The collaboration will benefit our patients, helping to ensure that they continue to benefit from one of the highest quality robotic services in the country.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5