Roberts not satisfied with league position
Boro are above three fellow promoted teams from last season but skipper says his side needs to push on
Mark Roberts says he is not happy with Stevenage’s current league position and hopes by securing back-to-back league victories this weekend his club will be able to push on towards the top half of the League 1 table.
Stevenage go into this Saturday’s match at Bury in 13th place and currently sit above the three teams which joined them in being promoted from League 2 last season, Wycombe and Chesterfield as well as Bury, but Roberts says despite the progress his side have made there is still much to do if the club is to reach its goals this season.
“It does [show the progress Stevenage have made], but it shows that we’ve still got a long way to go,” Roberts told The Comet.
“It is nice to be ahead of those other teams but at the same time we’re not satisfied with being where we are in the table at the moment.
“We always look upwards, and hopefully with a win on Saturday we can push up towards the top end of the table.
“We know Bury quite well. They’ve changed personnel a bit and the back end of last season they changed management as well, so they are a bit of a new look outfit but they’ve still got lots of players we’re familiar with.
- 1 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 4 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 7 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 8 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
“We’re above them in the table at the moment and hopefully we can go there and get back to back victories.”