Roberts named as new captain as Boro release Willock
STEVENAGE defender Mark Roberts has been named as the club's new captain for the 2009/10 season. The blond boulder has put in a string of outstanding performances since he joined Boro from Northwich Victoria in November and is the rock at the heart of man
STEVENAGE defender Mark Roberts has been named as the club's new captain for the 2009/10 season.
The blond boulder has put in a string of outstanding performances since he joined Boro from Northwich Victoria in November and is the rock at the heart of manager Graham Westley's defence.
He was recently named the Supporters Association player of the Year and has shown enough leadership qualities since he first pulled on a Boro shirt to be the natural successor to take over from Steve Morison after Boro's top scorer left for Millwall last week.
Meanwhile, Stevenage has announced that Calum Willock has been released from the club.
Willock was signed from Port Vale under former manager Peter Taylor but saw his first team opportunities limited by the form of Morison and Lee Boylan, and even more so ever since Westley decided to boost his attack with the signings of Charlie Giriffin and Yemi Odubade.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist