Robbers strike woman and put her in headlock on Hitchin common
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN was attacked, put in a headlock and struck by two men, who then proceeded to rob her.
It happened on Tuesday, August 6 on Walsworth Common, Hitchin, where a woman was sat on a bench.
Some time between 8pm and 10pm, she was approached by two men. One of them got the victim in a headlock while the other struck her around her chest area before asking “what have you got for me?”
One of them then grabbed the phone from the victim’s hand and they made off in the direction of Cambridge Road via the cut-through pathways.
The stolen phone was a white Blackberry 9320, valued at about £70.
You may also want to watch:
Both men are described as being of a medium build and wearing black jogging bottoms and tops. Both had dark face coverings, but it is believed that one was white and the other black.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact investigating officer DS Rob Burns on the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference G1/13/1807. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years