Rob Sinclair grateful for Football League opportunity
Midfielder is already a Lamex Stadium favourite after two fine displays
ROB Sinclair said he is grateful to Graham Westley for giving him the opportunity to play in the Football League.
Sinclair impressed after coming off the bench against Macclesfield Town when his side was 2-1 down on Saturday before teeing up Charlie Griffin for his 89th minute equaliser.
The midfielder was then given a start against Portsmouth in Monday’s 2-1 Carling Cup First Round defeat and put in a creative and agile first half display.
“It was brilliant, a dream come true for me to be given the opportunity in the Football League,” Sinclair said.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m grateful for the gaffer and the staff for giving me this chance.
“It is a dream to get the chance in the Football League and to come on and make my debut and to set up the equaliser was a brilliant feeling for me.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
“With the gaffer’s spirit we’ll never give in and we’ll give it all right to the death and I think we deserved a draw (against Macclesfield) and should have nicked it at the end.”
Sinclair is behind his teammates in terms of match fitness after getting injured in his first week at the club but has looked lively and was giving a standing ovation when taken off against Portsmouth midway through the second half on Monday evening.
“It wasn’t a great start. I came in and tore my groin within three days and it was a horrible start but I’ve got myself fit, worked hard and am back in the team now.
“I’d love to play in all the games. Every game I want to play in and hopefully the gaffer will pick me.”