Two men arrested following Roaring Meg fight
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested following an altercation in Stevenage.
The spat, which happened at around 11.30am on November 12, was initially verbal in nature, before escalating to a physical brawl.
A 52-year-old from Stevenage and a 35-year-old man from Hertford were both arrested on suspicion of affray and assault.
They have been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
One of the men suffered cuts and bruises to his face during the fight, which occurred outside Smyths on the Roaring Meg Retail Park
PC Hannah Hardie, of the Stevenage Intervention Team, said: “We have identified both men involved in the incident and they were arrested.
“We are looking for witnesses, who have yet to come forward, to make contact with us as we investigate the circumstances of the incident.”
Alternatively, you can stay anonymous by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via the untraceable online form.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown