Roadworks on A1(M) Letchworth Gate junction lifted over Christmas period
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks on the A1(M) near the Letchworth Gate junction will be lifted over the Christmas and New Year period.
The Highways Agency will be suspending the three miles of roadworks from 6am on Tuesday until midnight on January 2 in a bid to ease journeys home over the festive period.
The agency has also announced that almost three miles of roadworks between Junction 4 and Junction 6 of the A1(M) have been completed in time for Christmas.
Highways Agency customer operations director Simon Sheldon-Wilson said: “This Christmas, we’re helping road users make important journeys to see family and friends by clearing roadworks across the majority of motorways and major A-roads in England.
“This will be a great help to people travelling over the festive period – by lifting or completing roadworks, more lanes will be open and many of the associated speed restrictions will also be lifted.
You may also want to watch:
“We advise drivers to plan longer journeys before setting out, making sure you check weather and travel conditions.
“It’s also worth packing an emergency winter kit in your boot before making any seasonal journeys this Christmas.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“Make sure you’ve got de-icer, an ice-scraper, warm clothes, boots and a torch, in case your vehicle breaks down.”