Road closures in place after early-hours Weston death crash
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s died in the early hours of this morning after a car smashed into the wall of a building in Hitchin Road, Weston.
Police have reported that the blue Peugeot 307 car left the road and hit the wall at the junction of Hitchin Road and Lannock Hill at around 3.15am. No other vehicles were involved.
The man died at the scene, and investigating officer Sgt Stephanie Crichton said: “Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.
“I am appealing for anyone who was in the area and saw the car during the night, and in the period leading up to the collision, to come forward.
“Any information could help us to piece together the circumstances.”
You may also want to watch:
Road closures in the area have been put in place while the investigation continues.
Anyone who can help should call the 101 non-emergency police phoneline.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes