Road closures for Letchworth Standalone 10k race
MORE than 1400 runners will be taking to the streets of Letchworth GC tomorrow (Sunday) for an annual road race.
North Herts Road Runners will be holding the 25th Standalone 10k with a number of road closures in place in the surrounding area.
The closures are as follows:
? Wilbury Road to Norton Road, Letchworth GC:
? Wilbury Road from Bedford Road roundabout up to Furlay Close closed 8.30am to the end of the race at approximately 11am.
You may also want to watch:
? Wilbury Road from Furlay Close up to Standalone Farm entrance closed 9am until 11am.
? Wilbury Road from Kite Way up to Norton Way roundabout with Eastholm and Norton Way North, Norton Way North roundabout with Eastholm, and Norton Road, Cashio Lane, Croft Lane, Green Lane all closed briefly from 9.30am .
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
? Hitchin Road/Stotfold Road from A507 bypass, Stotfold.
At the section of the race in Stotfold, the A507 bypass road between Norton Road and Hitchin Road (heading towards Ampthill and Bedford) will have a runners’ lane coned off with a speed restriction of 30mph on the southbound carriage way. This road will remain open for motorists.
From the roundabout of the A507 bypass with Hitchin Road/Stotfold Road towards Bedford Road, Letchworth GC, past the Fairfield estate, a one-way closure will be in place going southbound from 9.45am (Hitchin to Stotfold).
Traffic leaving Fairfield Park will have to turn left and traffic from Stotfold will not be able to go straight over the roundabout towards Hitchin but will have to turn left or right.