Rita Ora kicks Stevenage’s Karen Mav off the X Factor to viewers’ disgust
- Credit: Archant
Karen Mav was booted off the X Factor yesterday evening despite wowing the audience with her powerful voice.
The 23-year-old from Stevenage initially won a place in judge Rita Ora’s final six girls with a rendition of Etta James’ I’d Rather Go Blind.
But this success was short lived and she was replaced by Kiera Weathers after she performed a version of Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You.
This decision didn’t go down well with the crowd in the room and with many people on social media.
Writing on Twitter @HausofDylan95 said: “Nooooo Karen!!! Sharon should have got swapped.”
@steftomasLegend said: “Omg Rita Ora u didn’t just unseat her. Am sorry but you just made a huge mistake. No way. U r just saying yes to all of them.”
And it seems that the former John Henry Newman School pupil also has the support of X Factor boss Simon Cowell.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
After the show he tweeted: “Wish Karen Mav had kept a seat.”
Before being kicked off Karen cruised through to the competition’s boot camp stage when she covered Jessie Jay’s Sexy Silk.