Rightmove survey says Hitchin in UK top 10 for happiest places to live
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin is one of the happiest places to live in the UK, according to a survey by property search website Rightmove.
The market town was ranked 9th overall in the study, which asked 24,000 people across the country to rank 12 factors about their local area – from how friendly their neighbours are and how much people feel that they can be themselves, to how good the local services are.
Hitchin was ranked seventh for how much people feel that they can be themselves, and 10th for community spirit.
Top of the pile overall was Leigh-on-Sea in Essex, while Hertford was the highest ranked town in Herts at number four.
Another Herts town in the top 50 was St Albans, which was placed in 37th.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock, Biggleswade and Letchworth all don’t feature in the survey, but Stevenage was 155th.
Bottom of the pile was Barking and Dagenham, ranked 206th.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?